Barrett Jackson Auction
Every year during mid January millions of television viewers and thousands of potential collector car buyers gather in Scottsdale Arizona for the annual Barrett Jackson Collector Car Auction. Due to heavy marketing and television coverage by Speed Channel, this auction has become the premier collector car auction.
During 2006 the auto auction completed over 100 million dollars in sales! Here are some highlights:
- 1950 GM Futureliner - $4.32 million
- 1954 Pontiac concept - $3.02 million
- 1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda Convertible - $2.16 million
- 1970 Chevelle LS6 convertible - $1.24 million
- 1953 Corvette - $1.06 million (the oldest known Corvette)
If you are interested in selling your vehicle or becoming a buyer at the auction here are a few guidelines:
- Book early! Whether you are thinking about bidding, consigning your vehicle, or simply booking a hotel room - don't wait too long. Spots fill up very quickly in this highly desirable auction.
- Bidding registration: In order to become a bidder you are required to register. There is a fee ($400) plus you must show an ability to pay for the vehicle (bank guarantee, cash, or cashiers check).
- Come prepared: Do your homework on the vehicles you are coming to consider buying. Most vehicles are listed online well ahead of the event. Also, remember it is Arizona - bring sunglasses and a hat.